Ah! It’s the end of the workweek and the weekend is coming. For most of us, it will be time to relax. Don’t feel guilty! Remember, God created the weekend. The Sabbath was his idea! So what should we think about?
I was cleaning off my hard drive and looking over old files and seminars from the past. I once did a discussion workshop on “Finding Your Passion!” and I thought some of the questions were worth sharing. Tomorrow is the Sabbath, and although Christians are never commanded to “Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy,” the Sabbath as a day of rest and reflection is still a good idea.
I am a strong advocate of a “Techno-Sabbath” (taking a day to unplug from anything with buttons or batteries). Turn off your cell phone, your internet, and your television. Instead, think about your passion. Here are some questions to ponder:
- If money and time were no object, what would you do every day?
- Have you found your passion yet? Has it changed over time?
- Is there a difference between your spiritual gift and your passion?
- What would Paul have been like if he …
- Was an engineer?
- Was a professor?
- Was an accountant?
- Worked at In and Out Burger?
- Won the Publishers’ Clearinghouse Sweepstakes?
- Made tents for a living
- You may not have found your true passion yet. If not, what’s on your bucket list?
Be a Blessing!